The Department of Small Business Development is calling on all small enterprises and informal traders whose businesses were looted or vandalised during the July 2021 unrest to apply for the Business Recovery Support Packages.
Business Recovery Programme
- Uninsured small enterprises impacted by the unrest.
- Small enterprises which require funding for working capital, equipment, and furniture.
- Small enterprises with existing funding from other lenders are also considered.
Informal Traders Support Programme
- Support for informal traders through business associations.
- Provision of financial and non-financial support.
- The financial support will be a R3000 once-off grant per informal trader.
- The informal traders should be willing to participate in business development services offered by the Small Enterprise Development Agency.
- Applying entities need not be registered with CIPC and SARS.
- Applications for small enterprises should be submitted to [email protected]
- Applications for informal traders support should be submitted via business associations to [email protected]
- Funding queries can be directed to 0860 663 7867.
- Application form
The closing date for the applications is 20 August 2021 .
Seda branches to assist with filling of the required documents and obtaining of statutory compliance documents.