Special BUSA Economic Policy Standing Committee Meeting: Nedlac Companies Amendment Bill Process
- The purpose of the presentation (below) is to present high-level takeaways from research done as requested by Minister Patel during the engagement session held on Friday, 26 November 2020 as well as to obtain a clear mandate from BUSA members on specific issues.
- The intent is to encourage ongoing discussion and debate while at the same time engaging with BUSA members in order to obtain a formal mandate on all matters of potential concern.
- Considering the critical role of this piece of legislation for the growth of the economy in this country, it is of vital importance that the proposed amendments and potential consequences (intended and unintended) be carefully considered prior to concluding the Nedlac process on the Companies Amendment Bill (CAB).
- For this reason, BUSA is in ongoing discussions with its members in order to facilitate a process whereby all valid and legitimate input can be obtained with the ultimate objective of ensuring a final “product” that will stand South Africa and all its people in good stead and make us proud.
- The content of this presentation should therefore not be seen as the formal position of BUSA but merely as a high-level summary of initial thoughts and suggestions to stimulate the required debate and obtain the required mandate.