Let me take opportunity to thank Linda and Danie for granting me the opportunity to write for the RCCI website. I’ll be writing on different topics, including Furniture & Décor, Fashion, Entertainment, Design Trends, Gardening and Architecture. All these topics will grant me the opportunity to interview different individuals from time to time to contribute to my topic of the month.
Before I get carried away let me introduce myself. I was born and raised in the Northwest in the student town of Potchefstroom. I am the founder and owner of Lowe Furniture & Décor. In the past three years through my company I have won two prestigious competitions, runner up SA DTI Furniture Design Competition and just now recently The 2018 Tsogosun Achiever of the year.
December is the time of the year when we decide to take a break and rest after a year of hard work. This is also the time where we spoil ourselves and our loved ones with gifts. Yes, you hear me well, I said gifts. The question is that under this difficult economic time is it easy to buy gifts? The answer it is not.
Some families will like to keep to the tradition of Christmas being a time to give. My personal opinion is that it is good to give however consider the following before you use your entire bonus on gifts, take note schools are opening soon in January. Please consider the following before splashing on expensive gifts:
- If you can make it with your own hands the better, there is more meaning and value if you give your loved one a gift you manufactured yourself.
- Shop around, there are good bargains that you can find in the lesser known brand shops. Lowe Furniture and Décor have the attached custom made wine packaging gift storage at a giveaway price of R270 for all RCCI members.
- A gift must be relevant, I mean don’t buy Golf clubs to a Tennis lover or player. This gift will end up by one of the second hand selling shops that I won’t mention in this article.
- Buy your gifts early in the year and keep for December. The law of demand is clear on this, the higher the demand the higher the price.
Make the big decision on your holidays
- Don’t borrow money from a bank to pay or spend for your holiday
- If you cannot finance it stay home, Johannesburg is lovely in December, for a change we don’t have any traffic on the roads.
- Johannesburg has Lion and crocodile parks, make a day visit with your family. Our Zoos and Botanical gardens are also a good place to visit and enjoy.
If you are fortunate to go on holiday please remember the following:
- Leave someone to feed your animals
- Switch off your sprinkler systems
- Make all your security arrangements for the safe keeping of your property.
Have a lovely Christmas and a prosperous new year!