EVENTS AND NETWORKING
Whether you are looking for training, networking, briefings on topical issues, or want to entertain clients, we have an event for you and your business. Many events are exclusive to members, many are free to members or are offered at significantly discounted rates, and all include the opportunity for networking.
- This event has passed.
POPI Compliance For Small Businesses
24th Apr 2018 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
POPI Compliance For Small BusinessesThe Protection of Private Information Act has been signed into law and businesses of all sizes are required to comply if you collect, monitor or process private information. In an interconnected world data leaks and privacy breaches can cost you. If you are in healthcare, marketing, advertising, financial services, IT, security or have a mobile app or website you will likely be affected. This workshop is for you if you can’t answer the following questions with “yes”:
- Do you have a POPI policy that deals with the storage, monitoring or processing of private information and the rights of the owners of the information to access it?
- Do you have a Promotion of Access to Private Information Act (PAIA) policy?
- Have you appointed an information officer?
- Are you aware of your obligations to store information and for how long?
- Are your client facing documents (standard terms and conditions, credit application etc) POPI compliant?
- Is your IT security up to POPI standards?
- Do you have an incident response policy?
- Do you have a cost effective plan to implement POPI?