EVENTS AND NETWORKING
Whether you are looking for training, networking, briefings on topical issues, or want to entertain clients, we have an event for you and your business. Many events are exclusive to members, many are free to members or are offered at significantly discounted rates, and all include the opportunity for networking.
- This event has passed.
INCOTERMS ® 2010 & SARS Compliance 2018
May 10 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pmR850
Customs and Excise have implemented the latest R316 revision which holds considerable benefits for exporters. This revision has already been implemented yet exporters are unaware not only of the benefits but also the latest legislation relating to over border exports. Additionally, SARS have aligned this revision to that of the Incoterms ® 2010.This one-day workshop will provide you with the most current ruling, what documentation needs to be in place in order to benefit from these rules and how to ensure compliancy
Practical exercises are included in this workshop which will provide delegates with the necessary information and practical skills which can be easily implemented in the work-place.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is the largest, most representative business organization in the world. Its hundreds of thousands of member companies in over 120 countries have interests spanning every sector of private enterprise.
Linda Bird-Duxbury is the Master Trainer for the International Chamber of Commerce for Africa on the Incoterms ® 2010 rules. On conclusion of the one-day workshop, certificates will be issued to attending delegates.
08h00 Registration and Coffee
08h30 Understanding the Incoterms ® 2010 Rules in accordance to global best business practice
- Interpreting the Incoterms ® 2010, and how to include these rules into your global contracts; including Proforma and Commercial invoices
- Understanding the point of delivery for each Incoterms ® 2010 and the risk relating to each delivery point for both the seller and buyer
- Comprehending the definition of direct and in-direct exports as the latest SARS R316 revision and the benefits this offers South African exporters
10h20 Understanding the Incoterms ® 2010 Rules in accordance to global best business practice (continued)
11h20 The various modes of transport as identified by SARS and the necessary transport document that must be provided as proof of export
- SARS have extended their definition of carriers, thus making it easier for exporters to Zero rate the VAT when delivering goods to warehouses, depots and or freight forwarding companies
- What comprises of a POD when goods are delivered to freight forwarders, road hauliers, warehouses and or other transport consolidators
- The SARS definition of a House Air Waybill and a House Bill of Lading; the consequences of not requiring a Master Air Waybill of Bill of Lading
13h20 Which Incoterms ® 2010 Exporters can use in international contracts in order to ZERO rate export orders.
This includes understanding Proforma invoices, commercial invoices and tax invoices and the minimum requirement for SARS in order to ensure compliancy under the latest Customs modernisation programme.
- What Incoterms ® 2010, must be stated on the Proforma and Commercial invoice in order to zero rate VAT on export orders
- The consequences of exporting on a Tax invoice
- The consequences of exporting on a Commercial invoice
- The SARS definition of the export of services
- The SARS definition of compliancy for services rendered to foreign companies within South Africa
- What documentation exporters must hold for five years for SARS compliancy
15h40 SARS Checklist
In this final session, the presenter will offer a step-by-step guide to completing your own SARS Checklist for your organization.
16h00 Workshop close
Linda Bird-Duxbury is the Master Trainer for the International Chamber of Commerce for Africa on the Incoterms ® 2010 rules.
She has worked extensively in Africa, Asia and Europe and has been consulting to companies, government agencies and the United Nations on all aspects of international trade for over 38 years.
Linda is an accredited facilitator and assessor with the Institute of Marketing Management South Africa and with the United Nations as an international trade specialist. She has developed training courses for both Government and the private sector both locally and internationally and has numerous publications to her name. Linda is also a board member of SACCI – the South African Chamber of Commerce, this organisation is directly affiliated to the ICC – who make up all the rules for international trade.
Over the years Linda Bird-Duxbury has come to be regarded as the South African expert on all aspects of international trade, education and training.
The cost per delegate to attend the workshop is R850.00 INCLUDING VAT
INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND CHAMBER CONSULTANTS
RANDBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
TELEPHONE: 086 101 9218
Just need to thank Linda for her excellent delivery, clearly a very knowledgeable and professional individual. Exports (as it turns out) is very complex and not for the faint hearted!
Desrae Cheary, Bidvest Food Africa
Very interesting and highly informative. Would recommend this course to anyone wanting an in-depth overview or even just a refresher. Well done Linda! Thank you.
Althea Berggren, Mogale Alloys
Completing the questions after each section is great. This helps with your own understanding! Linda’s knowledge on subject was fantastic!!
Renier du Preez, Digistics
It was very interesting and informative. Linda was very knowledgeable & class was very interactive. Thank you Linda.
Lina Chen, Grandmark International
I will leave this workshop with an extended knowledge of Exports and better understand how to manage the export side of our company
Donna Allin, Mungo
Excellent 2 days with you Linda learnt a lot and those useful tips will most definitely implemented. My new found statement: “Documents drive trade” Love it!
Amanda Martin, Kamoto Copper Company
Linda is GREAT. Approachable and very informative! Oh and Funny! Loved the practical stories that helps us to make all the document rules interesting. Questions are very NB & good to have.
Anja Boonzaier, Lancewood Holdings